[Bf-committers] Linux Building

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 06:03:59 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

From: Kent Mein <mein@cs.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Linux Building
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:51:01 -0500

Hi all,

> > I upgraded to Redhat 9 last night (which, incidentally, is a far sight
> > better than 8), and tried to build linux blender.
> >
> > Now, I did run the configure script first; however, despite the fact
> > that I explicitly told it not to use fmod, openal, gameblender, or the
> > blender plugin, it still attempts to compile the sound modules for
> > openAL (SND_Openal.c or something similar).  Of course this comes up
> > errors, as I don't have openAL installed (it's got some sort of glib
> > conflict that I haven't tried seriously to solve as yet).
> >
> > Shouldn't disabling features turn off the compiling/including of their
> > respective C files?
>
> Yep. no ones sat down to figure out what should and shouldn't be compiled.
> Feel free to work on it :)

  It is a little sad, that as soon as one reports an error based on a
  blender made by the configure/autoconf system he is said to try it
  first with the original Makefile system. But no one seems to able to
  explain that to us ordinary humans.

  From this point of view, it will become more and more difficult
  (impossible) for non-deep-inside-Blender-source-people to support
  the team with valuable and reasonable bug reports.

  Kind regards,
  (slightly frustrated)
  Meino