[Bf-committers] ODE updates - submit them to the ODE list

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:53:53 +0100

nlin@nlin.net wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 08:37:54AM -0600, Kent Mein wrote:
> > I made another small update and mail didn't get sent out so here it is:
> > source/ode/ode/test/test_ode.cpp
> >
> > I added the following:
> > #if defined (__sparc) || defined (__sparc__)
                 ^^^^^^^              ^^^^^^^^^
                 why 2 ? 1 should be enough. See the codestyleguide.
> > #include <ieeefp.h>
> > #endif

> archives at http://q12.org/pipermail/ode).

Exactly, FYI: in NaN source tree terminology ODE should be treated as an
'extern'-al library. We compiled such a lib on all platforms and
'offered' the external interface together with the library itself in
lib/platform/ to the rest of the blender sources.

I'm not saying we should keep everything as it was (in case ppl 'read'
that from my statements ;-)

External code should be checked into CVS on the vendor branch only (for
easy updates) anyway.

Small and quick fixes like this ifdef thingie could then be 'followed'
on the head branch until the vendor accepts the patch.

> Or, we could choose to maintain our own custom version of ODE, but
> I would recommend against this.

me2

Hans
--