[Bf-committers] Quick update idea

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:53:15 -0600

Ok since were still discussing what exactly to do for the makefile stuff.

Anyone have a problem with doing the following?

Adding a readme.txt in the root dir that states something to the
effect of:
setenv NANBLENDERHOME "$HOME/blender"
or wherever you put it.
setenv MAKEFLAGS "-w -I$NANBLENDERHOME/source"
and any other comments people can think of.
(examples might be CC is broken under SunOS right now use gcc instead.)

Then modify blender/source/nan_compile.mk so that it references
NANBLENDERHOME instead of $HOME
and take out the references to $SRCHOME/develop and just make them
$NANBLENDERHOME

Also can we add an empty dir blender/lib to the cvs tree.

Note, we could also make nan_compile.mk a little more complicated and
check for NANBLENDERHOME otherwise work like it does currently.

I think this would make a number of people a little happer.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein