cvs setup, sourceforge was (Re: [Bf-committers] CVS commit: CVSROOT avail)

Rene Dudfield bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:07:22 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Hans Lambermont <hans@lambermont.dyndns.org>
wrote: > Rene Dudfield wrote:

> >  --- Hans Lambermont <hans@lambermont.dyndns.org>
> > wrote: > Unprivileged user wrote:
>
> hmm, weird reformatting you do ... I'd say your MUA
> is broken.

quite possibly :)

> > > unforeseen side effect. If anyone knows how to
> solve
> > > this problem
> > > *without* the need for creating full accounts
> I'm
> > > very interested in it.
> >
> > There is a way with ssh(at with least openssh) to
> > limit what the user can do once logged in.
>
> I know a similar option, I've used the sendmail
> restricted shell for cvs
> at NaN, but still I had to create real passwd
> entries and I'd like to
> avoid that.
>
> Another thing is that forcing cvs-over-ssh (although
> being *my* personal
> favourite) scares away heaps of windows users. They
> can easily work with
> pserver, but setting up cvs-over-ssh is really
> difficult for windows
> (users ;-).

Using the setup program at sourceforge makes setting
up cvs, ssh real easy with wincvs.  Pitty they don't
link to that program in their docs.

http://sfsetup.sourceforge.net/

We could easily modify it to change the setup details
for blenders cvs server.

Using cygwin + cvs + ssh is even easier imho.

> > If you need help with setting this up, I'd be glad
> > help.
>
> Keep thinking please, the current situation is still
> not fixed. If we
> cannot find another way we have to go the full
> passwd entry way.

Is the current problem with pserver, or the email
script not putting in the correct name?

When doing cvs log does it show the correct name?

No comments on using sourceforge for cvs instead?