cvs setup, sourceforge was (Re: [Bf-committers] CVS commit: CVSROOT avail)

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:17:10 +0100

Rene Dudfield wrote:

>  --- Hans Lambermont <hans@lambermont.dyndns.org>
> wrote: > Unprivileged user wrote:

hmm, weird reformatting you do ... I'd say your MUA is broken.

> > unforeseen side effect. If anyone knows how to solve
> > this problem
> > *without* the need for creating full accounts I'm
> > very interested in it.
>
> There is a way with ssh(at with least openssh) to
> limit what the user can do once logged in.

I know a similar option, I've used the sendmail restricted shell for cvs
at NaN, but still I had to create real passwd entries and I'd like to
avoid that.

Another thing is that forcing cvs-over-ssh (although being *my* personal
favourite) scares away heaps of windows users. They can easily work with
pserver, but setting up cvs-over-ssh is really difficult for windows
(users ;-).

> If you need help with setting this up, I'd be glad to
> help.

Keep thinking please, the current situation is still not fixed. If we
cannot find another way we have to go the full passwd entry way.

Hans
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/