[Bf-committers] Re: Is this a public list?

Nathan Vegdahl bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

> Ha!
> I've replaced the posting with a general blahblah.
> Everyone here at the list can stay, no problem. But
> I clearly want to confirm that this is not the
> 'official' developers list (yet!).

   Yay!  So I can stay! :)
   However, I don't know very much about the details
of compilation, so I'm afraid that I won't be of much
help for that.

> I prefer to keep the discussion focussed at how to
> make a definite release of the Blender code:

   I would be happy to work on making all of the code
conform to the NaN code-style spec' (I've noticed that
a good deal of the code does not conform to the
spec').  Would that be helpful?

> Currently we are discussing the feasiblity to adopt
> Cmake for generating makefiles and project files.

   All of that stuff is way over my head.  I write all
of my makefiles by hand.  I know nothing about
generating makefiles.

> I would like to get feedback on that, especially for
> the windows users out there.

   As long as it works, and is relatively simple to
use, I'm all for it.

--Nathan Vegdahl