[Bf-committers] c/t/Make & MSVC & distutils & automake/autoconf

Ryan C. Stallings (beergeek) bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:33:17 -0400

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 01:52 am, Upi Tamminen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 06:34:37AM +0100, Rene Dudfield wrote:
> > tmake sounds good, but I haven't used it.  Anyone used
> > it on a project?
>
> tmake is qmake's predecessor, i've took a brief look at qmake and it
> seems nice. however it's very tied to qt; full qt3 development package
> needs to be installed for generating makefiles
Ouch.  A full qt3 install huh?.  Qt/X11 is the only one that is release under
the GPL Qt/Win32 and Qt/Mac come from different codebases that are not GPL.
If we were to use qmake we would have to build it out of the Qt/X11 codebase
under cygwin to get a qmake.exe? Is that even supported/does it work?  To me
this point towards cmake or some homegrown solution ala crystalspace etc.
Should I make the rest of the cmake files for blender?  Did anybody try the
ones I sent out earlier?  Are we heading in the right direction?