[Bf-committers] c/t/Make & MSVC & distutils & automake/autoconf

Rene Dudfield bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:34:37 +0100 (BST)

The crystal space project uses a script one of them
wrote to generate msvc project files from their make
files.  I believe it was based on another script, but
was enhanced greatly.  Perhaps this code is useful for
generating from the blender make files.

cmake is pretty cool, it is more high level and
structured than make.

I mainly use pythons distutils setup.py's.  Which is
really nice compared to the others.  Not sure if you
would want to build all of blender with it though.

tmake sounds good, but I haven't used it.  Anyone used
it on a project?

Can autoconf/automake make msvc files.  That would be
good.  I searched around with google.com but couldn't
find any evidence of this.  It appears people use the
linkers, and compilers and use autoconf/automake to do
the compiling.  Like in this post:
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/automake/2002-July/011381.html