[Bf-committers] autoconf?

Maarten Gribnau bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:45:05 +0200

Hi,

It is nice to see that the build structure we used at NaN is coming back again.
I think the solution with Makefiles and M$VC project files was a bit cumbersome
at times but the best of both worlds. Also, it worked for us at NaN for over a
year. Some projects even have project files for other development environments,
like Apple's Project Builder.

I too think the lib tree should come back in CVS. I managed to build Blender
(Publisher, Creator and Player) on Mac OSX yesterday with external libraries
installed using fink. Thus, no NaN modifications to GPL libraries so we should
be safe right? The only thing I have to change is Python. So, in my opinion we
should bring back the lib tree, add the compiled intern libs there to start
with. Then, the unmodified external libs that are safe to add. This safes other
developers a day to start programming. Then solve the license issues for the
rest.

Maarten