[Bf-committers] autoconf?

Niels Provos bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:32:41 -0400

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:26:50AM +0200, Hans Lambermont wrote:
> Basically yes. I'm not conviced yet that we should even go this way
> (already), but I won't try to block it either.
To get things compiling nicely on Unix systems, there is basically no
way around the autoconf tools.  They are not perfect and sometimes ugly,
but there are still the only decent tools we have.

> Exactly, without visual project files we'll lose 'doze developers
> quickly.
You probably want to find a way to generate these.  Autoconf supports
cross compiles, so they could be generated for windows users.

Niels.