[Bf-committers] autoconf?

Ryan C. Stallings (beergeek) bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:57:50 -0400

Heya guys.  It is great to see things moving forward at such a quick pace! I
just wanted to start the discussion about the build system and how to move
forward with implementing it.  Fred has been doing some great work with his
autoconfiscation of blender, and personally I think this is the direction we
should go.

What else needs to be done to get that system fully functional?

How does the autoconf build system apply to windows?  From what I understand
running a configure script is VERY slowly on windows 9x with cygwin
(NT/2000/XP don't have this problem).  Is this acceptable?

How does the autoconf script relate to MSVC++?

On a mildily related side note:  What sort of backup system is being used for
the CVS repository?  (Just making sure there is one :)

ryan