[Bf-committers] Some updates for building the python stuff

Frederick Lee bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:17:28 -0800

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:27:53PM +0100, Michel Selten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are some updates that should be made to cvs so that all libraries
> are compiling and Blender.bin is being linked.

[snip]
> * In the same file change the line:
> 	cd ../frozen && make -f Makefile.freeze && cd ../freeze
>   into:
> 	cd ../frozen && make -f Makefile && cd ../freeze
[snip]

When I first worked on autoconfiscating the original Blender source
release, I had problems where the python scripts kept overwriting the
autotools-generated Makefile in freeze/, which is why I changed the
python scripts to create "Makefile.freeze" instead of just "Makefile".
After I changed the output filename, I then discovered how to get the
scripts to write the Makefile[.freeze] into frozen/.  I still kept the
filename since I didn't want automake/autoconf to be potentially
confused by the python-generated Makefile.  Also, the "clean" target in
freeze/Makefile works on the glob "../frozen/*.*", to avoid any
unnecessary unpleasantries with CVS/.

-Fred