[Bf-committers] last update I hope to intern/bsp

Laurence Bourn bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:04:08 +0100

Hello, was on Holiday the last few days so missed your changes.

I guess your using the latest version of gcc that (I heard) seems to
complain about casting from
vector<foo>::iterator to foo*.  Your solution is fine for now but is a
little grotesque;-). Does anyone have a suggestion about the proper way to
do this I guess the pretty way is to make everything into a template class
accepting iterators as input. Otherwise I have to explicitely expose the use
of vectors in each interface expecting a foo*, seems a real shame either way
to break the link with C type code for good. Is there any documentation on
this in gcc with an explanation of the best way to convert old STL code?

Thanks
Laurence.