[Bf-committers] [RFC] AC_DEFUN for XIPH_PATH_OGG XIPH_PATH_VORBIS

Gilles J. Seguin bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 05:21:11 -0500

m4 macro for library that are "not" part of blender
will be easier for developper is they are define
in a config directory.

We want to be able to test new version of outside libraries,
verify bug report against offending library.

We want to allow people who have their own customization for
those libraries to use their reconfiguration.

Since the acinclude.m4 has precedence, in fact is automatically
included in aclocal.m4.

I am not aware of any flags that allows utilisation of the user
macro instead of the one in acinclude.m4.

This will ease the work of developpers.
The bootstrap script file will require flag option "-I config"
or the directory name where the m4 macro reside.