[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-docboard] Blender on Linux

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 08:54:37 -0700

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your interest in including the blender
installation in your HOWTO document!

At this point in the development process, the
bf-committers list is probably a better place
to submit such questions, as the build process
is rarely discussed on the bocboard list (I'll
cc that list on this response). Certainly skimming the
bf-committers list can't hurt.

Just a quick note on some of your issues:

* The blender build is requiring fairly modern
versions of automake/autoconf/libtool (RedHat
user's usually get snafu-ed by this one).

The document doc/building_blender.html
in cvs01 outlines the minimum requirements.

* The LOD_QSDecimator.cpp bug you mention in
your 'cheating' email is an issue with gcc
version 3.x compilers, due to a recent change
in CVS. I will be rolling back this change
this morning (within the hour), so if you try
again a little later today you should have
better luck.

Regards,
Chris Want