[Bf-committers] To Maarten: OS X and bsp

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:06:55 -0700

> I think I had a workaround like the one Kent committed and hoped that
> Laurence would look into the problem for a real solution. After all, he
> is the one who created it. I know he read the list but if he does not
> respond soon, I'll try and contact him directly.
> In the mean time, I will give it a try.

Cheers Maarten --  a bunch of us C programmers took
a look at it and couldn't figure out the problem.
It only seems to affect some compilers on some platforms,
for example it breaks the build on Mac OSX, Sun and
gcc on Irix (all gcc 3.x), but compiles fine on my
gcc 2.95 based linux system.

I am tempted to reinstate the faulty patch until a
better solution is found: yes it did break booleans
and decimation, but folks were able to get blender
compiled and do some real work.

Any other thoughts on this?

Regards,
Chris Want