[Bf-committers] IRIX Build instructions?

Gilles J. Seguin bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:54:11 -0500

instinctive new media wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I just subscribed to the list yesterday. I use Blender on
> an SGI Octane and would be interested in helping to port
> Blender to IRIX (I have Mipspro C and C++ compilers).
>
> I've heard so far that there is limited success with building
> it on IRIX, yet, it segfaults on startup because of font stuft
> (from what I've heard).
>
> I've committed the CVS tree, but that doesn't get very far and
> stops at:

Two repositories exist, the developper one is on
$ cat > do-cvs <<END
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.blender.org:/cvs01
echo "password: anonymous"
cvs login
echo "cvs -z3 update blender"
END
$ . ./do-cvs
$ cvs -z3 co blender

Usually you do not want to pollute de check-out tree
$ cd blender
$ ./bootstrap

Does this thing work or you are using the Makefile that are
present.  We refer to then like the old Makefiles

$ cd ..
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ ../blender/configure --srcdir=../blender

> "GHOST_EventPrinter.cpp", line 58: error(1132): namespace "std" has no member
>           "cout"

Then we will try cross-compiler help.  I am on gcc 3.2
41 #include <iostream>
58        std::cout << "GHOST_EventPrinter::processEvent, time: " <<
(GHOST_TInt32

On line 41, <iostream> is the name of the header who has
the definition of "cout".  That is ISO/IEC 144882 standard.

We have no test for now, checking for compliance with standard.
That means line 41 for you must be <iostream.h>
The file must be patch with
#ifdef HAVE_STD
#include <iostream>
#else
#include <iostream.h>
#endif

and tell peoples using autoconfuscation to add test for their setup