[Bf-committers] Gforge & feedback

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:34:23 -0600

> Hi,
>
> We've managed (well, thanks Stefan!) to get Gforge running at
> blender.org.
> Check the work in progress here: http://projects.blender.org
>
> It is a fork of SourceForge, more info at their site; http://gforge.org.
>
> Our efforts to use SourceForge's quite messy code have not resulted in
> something that works yet, with Gforge we're slowly getting optimistic
> again.
>
> Seeing the current state of affairs here, we should move to gforge
> a.s.a.p. For that I would like to see some feedback here. What shall we
> do, how, who?
> To tease your creativity a bit an idea:
>
> - we start with separate windows, osx, linux, irix, etc. projects to
> start with. :-)

I think were beyond separating the projects.
Both with the old makefiles and the new, I think splitting it off now
is just going to make things more difficult later on.

I've personally compiled it on linux, and solaris with both systems.
And I've recently installed freebsd and am going to try compiling it
there.  While we seem to fight a bit on the mailing list a lot of
headway has been made.  I don't really see the benefits of splitting
it up, what would we gain?  Is there anyone out there that feels like
the current system is holding them back from improving it?  If so
what are the issues your having? :)

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu