[Bf-committers] My windows build progress ...

Carsten Wartmann bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:14:48 +0100

nlin@nlin.net writes:

Norman! Nice to hear from you. I wrote an email to you some days ago.

 > On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:47:41PM +0100, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
 > > PS: Cylinders in ODE are not rolling?!
 >
 > If I recall correctly, the current code only creates spheres and boxes. Also

Oh? I was sure to see a difference when I set the Bowling pins to Box,
Cylinder and Polyhedra.

Well its late and must be my wishfull thinking.

 > there are some problems with the radius when spheres are generated. See functions
 > BL_CreatePhysicsObjectNew and KX_ConvertODEEngineObject. There is also a
 > somewhat outdated to-do list in OdePhysicsController.cpp. Particularly of

I have read it some weeks ago. But I am only good for making demos and
pointing out problems from the user side.

 > interest is the item commenting on the slowness when lots of static geometry
 > is present. This should theoretically be fixed in the current version of
 > ODE, which uses hierarchical collision detection.

Ah thats fine. What does "theoretically" mean? ;-)

Carsten.