[Bf-committers] Current Build, and other things

Charles Wardlaw bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:56:02 -0800 (PST)

> > - Why aren't all the requisite libs precompiled in CVS?  At this
> stage
> > of the game we shouldn't be relying on fink.  Since the libs are
> > (mostly) GPL'd, we should simply include precompiled binaries in
> CVS
> > for developers...
>
> Because not alot of people have taken the time to add them.  This is
> bit lower on the todo list than getting it to build nicely for
> everyone.

Fair enough.  I guess I no longer have a reason to not learn CVS. ^.^
Aside from posting a link to a file on my personal site, is there
another way to submit files to CVS for committing?  I'll happily upload
the static libs to my webspace if someone with commit privelages
promises to put them in.

On a side note, tried ./configure --enable-blenderstatic; it
reconfigures everything, but leaves the building of shared libs on near
as I can tell.  Quite strangely, both the build on dynlibs and static
libs are on by default.  Should there only be one kind of lib built by
default?

- Charles