[Bf-committers] Mac OS X status

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:06:38 -0600

> Maarten Gribnau wrote:
>
> > Hi Stefan,
> > >* I had to uncomment the line defining NAN_PYTHON_BINARY in
> > >nan_definitions.mk
> > >(what is it used for?)
> > In the repository it is uncommented. According to CVS it was entered by
> > Kent "Committing LarstiQ's patch for NAN_PYTHON_BINARY and
> > NAN_MXTEXTTOOLS". I don't know what it is for either.
>
> This does not work on FreeBSD either. I don't see why it would be
> needed. Kent: can you explain ?

Sure,
For everyone else on the list were talking about these two lines:
    export NAN_PYTHON_BINARY ?= $(NAN_PYTHON)/bin/python$(NAN_PYTHON_VERSION)
    export NAN_MXTEXTTOOLS ?= $(shell $(NAN_PYTHON_BINARY) -c 'import mx; print mx.__path__[0]')/TextTools/mxTextTools/mxTextTools.so

If you don't have it installed it wont work :)
You can get it here... http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxTextTools.html

(Note: If your saking what mxTextTools is used for I'd have to
look it up I believe it had something to do with vrml import? and some other
stuff)

If you take a look at blender/source/Makefile
It appends NAN_MXTEXTTOOLS to the list of python libraries.
mxTextTools was previously a static lib and it just worked but
the only way it builds now is as a shared lib.  So we made it work with
the new system.  We should probably add in some error checking

Try both $(NAN_PYTHON)/bin/python$(NAN_PYTHON_VERSION)
and $(NAN_PYTHON)/bin/python

Also if whatever is put into NAN_MXTEXTTOOLS is not a file unset it or
something.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu