[Bf-committers] Autoconf....

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:13:26 -0500 (EST)

the argument went something like this:
only developers will need to use the autoconf tools. once it's done,
people can work with the source code, and not have to rerun autoconf.
being a proponent of 'not making more work than necessary', I objected
to this version difference. however, I gave it the benefit of the doubt
and found it was not a problem to upgrade (I don't have a GNU system
and prefer to use prepackaged tools. so I am at risk here, unlike most
GNU systems like linux, where the common practive is to upgrade in
the face of adversity)... so, give it a spin first, maybe its not so bad?