[Bf-committers] My windows build progress ...

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:34:02 -0700

> Did you do 'make ode-lib' in the /blender/source/ode dir?  That'll fix the
> unresolved errors you're getting but you'll need to copy the lib to
> somewhere blenderpublisher can find it or add an additional libpath.  If I
> remember correctly, you'll also have to rename the lib from ode.lib to
> odelib.lib. I forgot to mention this step before... sorry! :)

No, I only did the "make configure" ... the one gotcha with
the "make ode-lib" is that there is no directory named
"lib" in the ode directory so that caused the build to fail
(easily remedied).

And with this, the thing linked!

Don't pop the champagne yet ... upon running the executable
I was greeted with:

"This application has failed to start because fmod.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem. Waving your
arms up and down and quacking like a duck may also fix the problem"

(OK -- I added the last sentence =D).

This was remedied by grabing the dll that came with the
2.25 binary distribution of blender ... upon doing this
the executable appears to run! (no icon though.)

Anyways, thanks for your help Simon -- thanks to Rob too for zipping
up his copy of Ode (which I didn't end up using here).

Regards,
Chris