[Bf-committers] New project, let's move on!

Chris Want bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:09:28 -0700

> Is there a way to use autoconf/automake, but not use libtool?
> The main problem with the libtool stuff on Irix is that the
> C++ STL stuff gets treated like names from a library rather than
> like macros/inline functions and so libtool ends up having
> unresolved symbols. If libtool could be removed and
> replaced with the regular style linking then I think that an
> automake/autoconf build could be successful.

Actually, I got the autoconf version to link and run
on Irix! (well ...briefly -- it segfaulted, but this
might be due to the fact that I am forwarding the
graphics to a linux box accross town.)

The CC compiler takes an option -ptused that instantiates
the template stuff that J. Walton and myself were having
probs with.

Here is my setup:

Environment:
export LDFLAGS=' -lCio -L/usr/freeware/lib32'
export PYTHON=/usr/freeware/bin/python2
export CXX=/usr/bin/CC
export CC=/usr/bin/cc

and configure/make line is:
../blender/configure --with-cxxflags="-LANG:std -n32 -mips4 -ptused"
--with-ssl="/usr/freeware" --with-libjpeg="/usr/freeware"
--with-libpng="/usr/freeware" && make;

The only catch is that the freeze makefile tries to use
/usr/freeware/bin/python22.1 instead of /usr/freeware/bin/python2.

(this is because of the @PYTHON@@PYTHON_VERSION@ in
intern/python/freeze/Makefile.am -- guess it needs a
little more smarts to work on wingnut irix systems =D).

Thanks Kent and John for the awesome work!

Chris