[Bf-committers] multiplatform(was: New project, let's move on!)

Gilles J. Seguin bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:11:12 -0500

"John K. Walton" wrote:

> ok, I can take this as a start, and make finer documentation as I make
> progress on irix build. however, we also need input from hans to
> detail the correct way to do multiplatform builds.

Using the build directory has my preference for multiplatform compilation
We have
mypath

  +--- blender, that is $NANBLENDERHOME

  +--- build-sparc

  +--- build-linux

Alternative, use the following from X Window, see also cleanlinks command
$ man 1 lndir
lndir  -  create a shadow directory of symbolic links to another
          directory tree

> I want to be able to make a few different platforms from the
> same source. we had a go around in IRC, and this mailing list
> discussing the benefits of CVS vs NFS

I used NFS to allow build from others computers