[Bf-committers] New project, let's move on!

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
14 Dec 2002 19:39:16 +0100

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 17:02, John K. Walton wrote:

> ok, I can take this as a start, and make finer documentation as I make
> progress on irix build. however, we also need input from hans to
> detail the correct way to do multiplatform builds. I want to be able
> to make a few different platforms from the same source. we had a go around
> in IRC, and this mailing list discussing the benefits of CVS vs NFS
> mounted dir's, but it did not reach a conclusion. any more thoughts?

Hi,

You probably didn't notice this, but I already made a start on the
documentation on how to build Blender. It is far from complete and I
know that I even forgot one platform, but I'm working on it. I'd rather
have some feedback on the document than having multiple efforts towards
the same goal.
BTW. the document is located in /doc/building_blender.[xml/html]

I'm currently reading the book 'GNU autoconf, automake and libtool'.
This is very useful for the current state of the project and also useful
for input on writing the document on building Blender.

With regards,
	Michel