[Bf-committers] New project, let's move on!

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:15:49 -0600

> ok, I can take this as a start, and make finer documentation as I make
> progress on irix build. however, we also need input from hans to
> detail the correct way to do multiplatform builds. I want to be able
> to make a few different platforms from the same source. we had a go around
> in IRC, and this mailing list discussing the benefits of CVS vs NFS
> mounted dir's, but it did not reach a conclusion. any more thoughts?

On the old system it makes seperate dirs in obj and lib for each platform.

On the new autoconf system you just make seperate build directorys.
(i.e. maybe use mkdir ../irix6.5build for irix
and mkdir ../sunos5.8build for sun etc....)

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein