[Bf-committers] a FreeBSD bootstrap run

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:13:52 +0100

Frederick Lee wrote:

> Some sites insist on using /opt.  Or a subtree under /opt.  Or, in the
> case of IRIX, perhaps /freeware.  Or was it /usr/freeware?  Or is that
[more blah deleted]
> The question is, then, should we also squeeze in "/opt" and
> "/usr/freeware"?  Anything else we should throw in?

You have the wrong multi-platform development hat on /me thinks. If you
wish not to make a 'configure && make' run without extra parameters for
all but Linux just work on the shortlist of 8 supported platforms I'm
afraid this blender development group will quickly become a Linux-only
party. And that's a Bad Thing IMO. I hope you agree ;-)

regards,
  Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/