[Bf-committers] Status & progress?

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:00:49 -0500 (EST)

I'm working on try to get cvs01 commits to compile under supported
IRIX versions (not end of lifed versions which are still interesting
though).

Minimum revision of IRIX compiler determined to be Mipspro 7.3.1.3m,
on reference platform running IRIX 6.5.15m.
only one GNU tool updated from last revision statement : autoconf 2.53
updated to 2.54. no issues downloading, or compiling/installing autoconf
package.

current status of compile is 'no errors'. however in the link phase
one unresolved symbol has yet to be tracked down. this is a c++ symbol
in the GHOST package. I have no expertise in this matter, some suggestions
have been offered, I will continue to explore those possibilites. I'll go
back to the NaN tree and see if it compiles/runs with the updated tools.
I was able to get that tree running.

we still need a documented tools versions list (someone was working on
it).

last irix issue will be that opengl is not an 'upgrade' to an existing
version of the OS. if anyone has plans to support opengl 2.0. we need
to NOT drop opengl 1.2. as was done when opengl1.1 support was dropped.

summary: still plugging away at it :)