[Bf-committers] $(X_LIBS) moved to Makefile.am

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
08 Dec 2002 20:18:30 +0100

Hi,

I have a question: Are the updates that I've made to intern/Makefile.am
and source/Makefile.am correct?

Explanation:
$(X_LIBS) is assigned some settings that are necessary to build blender.
These flags are nicely passed to the Makefile, but never included in the
actual linking part. I had two options here:
1 - Update configure.ac
    This keeps all the platform specific tricks in one place.
2 - Update the mentioned Makefile.am's.
    Implement a platform specific flag in the Makefile.am's.

I chose the 2nd option because this is already happening to the Python
library flags and because I think that this flag is doing no harm when
it is not having any value. Also, I'm having a little trouble adding the
X_LIBS settings to the LDFLAGS variable in configure.ac.

With regards,
	Michel