[Bf-committers] a FreeBSD bootstrap run

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:07:31 -0600

Everyone should be using configure in a separate dir.
Why you say, it should just work in the current dir?

Yes it should however we have 2 build systems here.
(I think the python stuff is broken in the old system
but it shouldn't take too much work to fix it.  I
had it running on at least two systems here. (sparc and linux)

Making the extra directory and running configure from that directory
keeps your cvs tree clean.  (It will also not overwrite the old
makefile system that way so you have the option of using both)

This will also make it so you do not have the issue with
configure already run in this directory....

(Note if configure fails the makefiles you have are the old
makefiles and a make distclean is what was defined in the old
makefiles it will not clean up configure stuff.)

Kent