[Bf-committers] a FreeBSD configure run

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:27:49 -0600

Woohoo let me know if any of these help :)

> Hi list,
>
> Below is a list of remarks and errors in the configure findings on
> FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE :
>
>     checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> but which make is being used here ?
>     /usr/bin/make (pmake)
> or
>     /usr/local/bin/gmake

I'm pretty sure it uses /usr/bin/make unless you set the environment variable.
It assumes you want the default system make unless your specifying something
else.

>     checking for ranlib... ranlib
> ranlib is supposed to be deprecated on FreeBSD
>
>     checking for objdir... .libs
> is it possible to get the 'target system type' in this name ? (so that
> multiple OSes can use the same NFS exported sources)

You can use the same sources (althought the python stuff needs to be
fixed a little for this) just:
mkdir ../blender.freebsd
cd ../blender.freebsd
../blender/configure (youroptions)
(note you need to run bootstrap in the blender dir though)

>     checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
> is listed twice ?! (and not cached)
>
>     checking sys/mount.h presence... yes
>     configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: present but cannot be compiled
>     configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
>     configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
>     checking for sys/mount.h... yes
> no idea what's wrong here
>
>     checking jpeglib.h usability... no
>     checking jpeglib.h presence... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/local/include/jpeglib.h

try --with-libjpeg=/usr/local

>     checking png.h usability... no
>     checking png.h presence... no
>     checking for png.h... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/local/include/libpng/png.h
>     /usr/local/include/png.h

try --with-libpng=/usr/local

>     checking GL/gl.h usability... no
>     checking GL/gl.h presence... no
>     checking for GL/gl.h... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h
>
>     checking GL/glu.h usability... no
>     checking GL/glu.h presence... no
>     checking for GL/glu.h... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/X11R6/include/GL/glu.h
>
>     checking X11/Xlib.h usability... no
>     checking X11/Xlib.h presence... no
>     checking for X11/Xlib.h... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h

All the X stuff should be fixed now (Did this this morning)

>     checking for floor... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/src/lib/libm/common_source/floor.c and FLOOR(3)
>
>     checking for pow... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/src/lib/libm/common_source/pow.c and EXP(3)
>
>     checking for sqrt... no
> while exists :
>     /usr/src/lib/libm/common_source/sqrt.3 being SQRT(3)
>
>     checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
> not sure here, but DLOPEN(3) exists.
>
>     checking for pthread_exit in -lpthread... no
> while exists:
>     /usr/share/man/man3/pthread_exit.3.gz
>
>     checking for SSL_new in -lssl... no
> while exists:
>     /usr/src/crypto/openssl/doc/ssl/SSL_new.pod
>
>     checking for png_get_header_version in -lpng... no
> while png_get_header_version is listed in LIBPNG(3)

This should hopefully be fixed as well.

>     checking for SDL_Init in -lSDL... no
> while exists SDL_Init(3)

Kent