[Bf-committers] CVS commit: blender configure configure.ac

Frederick Lee bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 02:06:54 -0800

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:24:06AM +0100, Unprivileged User wrote:
> nobody      2002/12/03 10:24:06 CET
>
>   Modified files:
>     .                    configure configure.ac
>
>   Log:
>   I moved the check for MacOSX's gl headers to target specific area.
>
>   Kent
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.10      +208 -206  blender/configure
>   1.11      +4 -2      blender/configure.ac

Is it a good idea to keep the path as
"/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h"?

Here are my gripes:

* That path is a hard-coded absolute path.
* If someone is compiling for OSX on linux-x86, the header files may not
  necessarily be install{ed|able} in /.
* Doesn't the [native] compiler have builtin paths variables or something
  to contain part of the path?  Like say, "/System/Library", so only
  "Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h" is needed in
  configure.ac?  Or, even better, just "gl.h"?

I'd feel better if the path can either split up or drop the beginning
'/'.  Since I don't know the OSX dev environment, I can't really come up
with a meaningful solution.  Right now, I'm thinking of adding a -I/path/
to CFLAGS for OSX in particular, so that just "gl.h" can be checked.

-Fred <phaethon>