[Bf-committers] Eventually..

Kiernan J Holland bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:55:02 -0700

It would be cool if blender could compile itself..
But its not now just a matter of getting blender to compile.

What I'm saying is what do we have more confidence in here,
its blender, we all have confidence in being able to use blender to
get things done. so why not extend that confidence to having the
entire configuration/compile system (including downloading the
needed files for the compile) self-contained within the program
itself, so that at the very least any blender user is capable of
having the source code and the tools necessary to compile blender
automagically.

Imagine the ease of that, and the statement it could make about
open source.