[Bf-committers] Blender Publisher

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 13:57:04 +0100

Hi all,

Michael Velikanje wrote:
> I've been looking for blenderpublisher.app.c. but haven't been able to
> find it.

There's no need to distinguish "Creator" from "Publisher" anymore. I
didn't have the time to check the code on this issue yet, so I wonder if
people already worked on that. Assuming that it wasn't, is anyone here
confident to do this:

-> remove the Key loading routine
-> remove all Key checking code, just assuming that the Key is
available. This will make sure features like 'compressed file' and
'booleans' and 'mesh decimation' will be available in Blender.
-> remove file locking and file signing (this can become a separate
utility later)
-> remove the Publisher Splash screen
-> remove Key checking from the plugin player too.
-> alter the Make system for it, to make sure only a 'Blender' is made.

Thanks!

-Ton-
Ton Roosendaal | ton@blender.org | Blender Foundation
Amsterdam | The Netherlands |  http://www.blender.org