[Bf-codereview] Blender password text input (issue 6713044)

jiri.hnidek at gmail.com jiri.hnidek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 21:39:32 CEST 2012

On 2012/10/22 17:29:53, brechtvl wrote:
> It seems that the 'bullet' character does work with our font, which
looks pretty
> good to me typing it into a text field in blender.
> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2022/index.htm

Hi Brecht,
Thanks for review. I thought that Blender uses
release/datafiles/fonts/droidsans.ttf.gz in all parts of UI. BTW:
Blender text editor can display 'black circle' character, which would be
IMHO better, because 'bullet' character looks too small.

Anyway, when any UTF-8 character longer then one byte is used, then this
hack doesn't work properly. Blender places cursor at wrong place and it
can cause crash of Blender. When simple 'asterisk' character is used,
then this hack works without any problem.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6713044/