[Bf-codereview] API Exposing of Bullet Collision Masks (issue 6216047)

benoit.bolsee at online.be benoit.bolsee at online.be
Sun May 20 18:40:26 CEST 2012

http://codereview.appspot.com/6216047/diff/7001/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c
File source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6216047/diff/7001/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c#newcode7528
source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c:7528: }
default value should be set according to the static/dynamic status.
dyna: 0x01/0xFF
static: 0x02/0xFD
(see my other comment in KX_ConvertPhysicsObject.cpp

http://codereview.appspot.com/6216047/diff/7001/source/gameengine/Ketsji/KX_ConvertPhysicsObjects.cpp
File source/gameengine/Ketsji/KX_ConvertPhysicsObjects.cpp (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6216047/diff/7001/source/gameengine/Ketsji/KX_ConvertPhysicsObjects.cpp#newcode408
source/gameengine/Ketsji/KX_ConvertPhysicsObjects.cpp:408:
ci.m_collisionFilterMask |= objprop->m_col_mask;
There seems to be a problem here: the distinction between static and
dynamic object no longer exists. Previously static objects were not
allowed to collision with other static objects. The new code requires
that the appropriate filter/mask is set in m_col_group and m_col_mask to
reproduce this behavior, which will cause big regression tests as these
fields are set to the same value for all objects by default. I think
that static/dynamic object must receive a different mask by default.
dynamic should have filter/mask=0x01/0xFF and static=0x02/0xFD or
something like that.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6216047/