[Bf-codereview] Support for UTF in Windows (linux/mac impact?)

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 19:21:39 CET 2012

Windows uses UTF-16 for its API, which is not compatible with Blender's
internal string format (utf-8). This patch adds support for utf-8 paths so
Blender can use files with non-ascii paths. This patch supports .blend and
majority of other files and operation, but some formats aren't supported
due to custom fopen. Plus, some file calls I might have missed.

Elubie already looked at this patch. (Thank you) But we need to test if it
doesn't break other OSs / compilation on different set ups. It shouldn't
affect other OSs as BLI_fopen calls fopen there.

Can other OS maintainers look at it and compile it? Thank you.
jesterKing, can you also take a look at Windows part? Thanks.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5505080/