[Bf-codereview] WeightVG modifiers weight preview, and general weight preview enhancement (issue 5531047)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:55:55 CET 2012

Agree with Campbell's comments about making this is generic flag, and
also not sure about this weights preview mode option, don't really see
this as important and it definitely should not be at scene toolsettings
level in my opinion.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/diff/9001/source/blender/blenkernel/BKE_modifier.h
File source/blender/blenkernel/BKE_modifier.h (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/diff/9001/source/blender/blenkernel/BKE_modifier.h#newcode105
source/blender/blenkernel/BKE_modifier.h:105:
eModifierTypeFlag_UsesWMColPreview = (1<<9)
Can we just call this eModifierTypeFlag_UsesWeightPreview? I think
"WMCol" sounds too cryptic.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/diff/9001/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_scene.c
File source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_scene.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/diff/9001/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_scene.c#newcode1418
source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_scene.c:1418: {WP_WPREVIEW_ORG,
"ORG", ICON_BRUSH_DATA, "Original", "View original weights, before any
modifier action"},
There's no reason to give this cryptic "ORG" name, but I also have
doubts if this is a good option to have.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/diff/9001/source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_weightvg_util.c
File source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_weightvg_util.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/diff/9001/source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_weightvg_util.c#newcode288
source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_weightvg_util.c:288: #pragma omp
parallel for schedule(static)
Parallelization of such simple loops will introduce considerable
slowdown for simpler meshes, don't think it's a good idea to use this
here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5531047/