[Bf-codereview] Multi File Output Node (issue 5666047)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:55:35 CET 2012

You committed this now, but I still do not agree with the design
decisions.

File format per socket still seems overkill to me, I'd like to
understand the rationale for that. Of course it's most flexible and that
is what users will request, but I think they will regret it when they
created dozes of sockets and then have to go change all of them.

I also still do not think it's a good idea to make this a new node type.
My point was that a single node type could do everything.

I also do not think that the sockets really should be color sockets,
exactly because it should be possible to save out colors/vectors/floats.
For EXR, you want to be able to output them as such, not all as color.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5666047/