[Bf-codereview] Convex hull bmesh operator (issue 6114060)

ideasman42 at gmail.com ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 05:23:59 CEST 2012

Tried on this file and it gives a problem at the top monkeys head. The
problem happens when triangulated too.

http://www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/2_monkey_head_error.blend

Know this is not really the purpose but it works quite well as a bridge
tool for convex edge loops, could consider..
- copying UV's and materials from connected faces
- removing selected faces (so as to create a tube between 2 surfaces).
- 2 triangles between 2 edges make into quads.
... Or we could just make our bridge tool better..

http://codereview.appspot.com/6114060/diff/1/source/blender/bmesh/operators/bmo_hull.c
File source/blender/bmesh/operators/bmo_hull.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6114060/diff/1/source/blender/bmesh/operators/bmo_hull.c#newcode50
source/blender/bmesh/operators/bmo_hull.c:50: t =
MEM_callocN(sizeof(HullTriangle), "HullTriangle");
(while performance probably isn't horrible) - could use mempool here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6114060/diff/1/source/blender/bmesh/operators/bmo_hull.c#newcode176
source/blender/bmesh/operators/bmo_hull.c:176: const int
hull_flag_interior_vert = 1;
trivial - but why not use enum?
(thats the convention at least defines or enum, though have been using
enums more - recently)

http://codereview.appspot.com/6114060/diff/1/source/blender/editors/mesh/editmesh_tools.c
File source/blender/editors/mesh/editmesh_tools.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6114060/diff/1/source/blender/editors/mesh/editmesh_tools.c#newcode4303
source/blender/editors/mesh/editmesh_tools.c:4303:
EDBM_update_generic(C, em, TRUE);
need to call selection flush here too, running this in face mode leaves
them unselected.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6114060/