[Bf-codereview] BGE: Material replacement for texface options (issue 4289041)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 02:40:09 CEST 2011

Benoit,
I didn't commit it to 2.59. I trusted the code was good but didn't want
to rush.
I consider 2.5x not bge ready anyways (not without pepper and cucumber
fixes).

2.6 on the other hand will be a really good bge release imho. So I'm
planning to commit this right after cucumber gets it (or before, but I
want to spare Daniel from fixing eventual conflicts ;). I asked Brecht
to give a final look at the do_version code since I now moved the
conversion code to inside the lib_link_mesh (Janne's suggestion).

Talking with Mitchell I decided to skip conversion of the light flag as
well. The reason is: the light flag is not used by GLSL shade mode. So
it would be impossible to handle this without assuming the file was
designed to work in the mode it's on.

Finally, I think that there is actually no need to remove "Texture Face"
from the glsl/mt enum. After this patch if we want we can completely
remove this mode. But for now I prefer to leave this patch without
addressing this.

I'll now look at the alpha problem (in edit mode). This should be the
only thing left. Although could even be fixed after the patch gets in.

* something I couldn't implement: I'm using BKE_reports to popup an
error, but it's printing the error in the console instead  :/ So I don't
know if I should use it instead of printf for the warnings as well.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4289041/