[Bf-codereview] Separate RGB Node for Cycles (issue 5444047)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:24:23 CET 2011

Reviewers: bf-codereview_blender.org, brechtvl,

I'm trying (and trying, and trying) to get my hands on cycles. As a
first exercise I decided to try to bring the Separate RGB node into it.
I believe I got pretty far (given that I couldn't find any documentation
and grep/copy+paste was the way to go). But the node is breaking
Blender:

Assertion failed: (input), function add_nodes, file
/Users/dfelinto/blender/bf/intern/cycles/blender/blender_shader.cpp,
line 476.

The strange is, I get the same error regardless of using CPU or OpenCL.
Although, to be honest my OSX doesn't support OpenCL. But the OSL code
is so simple I don't think the problem is there.

***
1) remember to run `make install` after applying the patch so the
svm_*.h are copied to the addon
2) the crash only happens when I render or enable Rendered in the 3d
view
3) it may be better to name the new files more generic to accommodate at
least the combine node.
***

Thanks,
Dalai

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/5444047/

Affected files:
   intern/cycles/app/cycles_xml.cpp
   intern/cycles/blender/blender_shader.cpp
   intern/cycles/kernel/CMakeLists.txt
   intern/cycles/kernel/osl/nodes/CMakeLists.txt
   intern/cycles/kernel/osl/nodes/node_separate_rgb.osl
   intern/cycles/kernel/svm/svm.h
   intern/cycles/kernel/svm/svm_separate_rgb.h
   intern/cycles/kernel/svm/svm_types.h
   intern/cycles/render/nodes.cpp
   intern/cycles/render/nodes.h
   source/blender/nodes/shader/nodes/node_shader_sepcombRGB.c