[Bf-codereview] Mask modifier: mask by radius (issue4527077)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:43:09 CEST 2011

I was expecting the option to use an object to specify the center of the
mask, though that probably depends on the use case, I don't know what
this modifier is typically used for.

The radius should be initialized to e.g. 1.0 instead of 0.0, adding an
initData callback in MOD_mask.c and version patch in readfile.c.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4527077/diff/1/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_modifier.c
File source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_modifier.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4527077/diff/1/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_modifier.c#newcode2134
source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_modifier.c:2134:
RNA_def_property_ui_text(prop, "Radius", "Maskin radius");
Maskin -> Masking

http://codereview.appspot.com/4527077/diff/1/source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_util.c
File source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_util.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4527077/diff/1/source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_util.c#newcode162
source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_util.c:162: (*texco)[1] =
(*texco)[1]*2.f-1.f;
This extra mapping mode isn't mentioned in the summary, is it intended
to be included in the patch?

In any case, (*texco)[2] should not be left uninitialized.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4527077/