[Bf-codereview] Allow to change the strenght of the "go behind" constraint of the camera actuator (issue4517077)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:00:00 CEST 2011

Patch looks good, one thing missing (I forgot that in the email, sorry)
is python access and epyDocs.

Another question (for you and other devs) is:
1) "Behind Strenght" is a good name? I'm not a native speaker but it
sounds a bit odd for me. Can this be considered a "damping"?

2) You are changing from a division to a multiplication. That means the
higher the value the stronger the effect. In that case should we limit
min to be 0.1 or 0.0 makes sense as an effect (it didn't when it was a
division, but maybe now it would work).

Thanks for making the patch Michael.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c
File source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c#newcode11614
source/blender/blenloader/intern/readfile.c:11614: {
You actually want to move your code to here. under those { }
for your internal use, to avoid the parameters to be set every time you
open the file you can patch your own blender. For trunk however, it will
be here waiting for the next "version bump"

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/editors/space_logic/logic_window.c
File source/blender/editors/space_logic/logic_window.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/editors/space_logic/logic_window.c#newcode2203
source/blender/editors/space_logic/logic_window.c:2203: ysize= 68;
no need this (see below)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/editors/space_logic/logic_window.c#newcode2222
source/blender/editors/space_logic/logic_window.c:2222: printf("BLA\n");
no need to change here, this is the old ui code. (printf("BLA")?? ;)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/makesdna/DNA_actuator_types.h
File source/blender/makesdna/DNA_actuator_types.h (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/makesdna/DNA_actuator_types.h#newcode136
source/blender/makesdna/DNA_actuator_types.h:136: float pad;
I would use this pad instead.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_actuator.c
File source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_actuator.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/diff/1/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_actuator.c#newcode929
source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_actuator.c:929:
RNA_def_property_ui_text(prop, "Behind strenght", "Specify the strenght
of the constraint that drive the camera behind the target");
"Behind Strenght" (always capitalize all the words)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4517077/