[Bf-codereview] Use DerivedMesh instead of Mesh in COLLADA GeometryExporter (issue4387052)

official.address243 at googlemail.com official.address243 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:47:16 CEST 2011

On 2011/06/17 09:46:35, jesterKing wrote:
> It would indeed be nice to have these as smaller patches, but as Pelle
> already mentions, the dependencies for the different parts make that
> very hard. I think that what could be separated pretty easily is the
> "export selection" part. If you guys could give that a shot, we could
> have these two separate things reviewed in a faster pace and applied
too
> (at least the "export selection" would be nice to have this/next week
in
> trunk).

> /Nathan

Yes, move "export selection" into the trunk, that would be nice and, I'm
sure, already very helpful for many people!
So that all patches are based on that code.
But removing it completely and later re-apply it as separate patch
wouldn't make sense.
Because of 2 reasons:
1.) It's basically the simplest part of the patch, most easily to
understand. So removing it wouldn't help much in understanding the code
better.
2.) While it's simple, it is spread over many files. So if you reapply
it later it's much more work to reapply it with all the then changed
code. The "export selection" patch is more a Sisyphus work than a
"brainer" (that means also an unlikely source for errors).

So, yes, please merge it into the trunk, and leave the rest for later,
I'm all for it :)

http://codereview.appspot.com/4387052/