[Bf-codereview] ColorBand structs as ID properties (issue4547071)

brechtvanlommel at gmail.com brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:13:57 CEST 2011

I think this should be called ColorRamp instead of ColorBand for python.
It's a
bit silly to have these different internal and external names for the
same thing, but it's called a ramp in the user interface and python
everywhere else, so probably best to stick to that.

I would also make the default rangetype 1 instead of 0, my guess is that
it's more common that you don't want alpha.

One thing that is a bit unfortunate is that this makes the generic
python module depend on RNA, can't think of a solution for that though.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4547071/diff/1/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/idprop.c
File source/blender/blenkernel/intern/idprop.c (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4547071/diff/1/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/idprop.c#newcode786
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/idprop.c:786: prop->data.pointer =
prop;
I think this pointer is not properly set on file read, or am I missing
something?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4547071/