[Bf-codereview] BGE: Material replacement for texface options (issue 4289041)

dfelinto at gmail.com dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 23:21:06 CEST 2011

I talked with Ton and he suggested me to do most of the conversion at
load time (in oppose to rely in the help menu).

After a big hack (setting G.main manually due to material.c rely heavily
in G.main :/) it's working now.

Final things missing:
- doversion/convert "Face Texture" to "Multitexture Material"
- remove texture face as a material mode
- code cleanup (now the doversion code is almost the same as in
material.c, it could probably be unified)
- add alert in Info Editor telling user to read the console.
- transp problem (old problem -- se above Brecht comments), edit mode
need solid + alpha pass

I'm uploading new builds, I will run more tests before tackling the
final points. My goal is to have this in for the 1st 2.60 release).

Again, the only changes are in readfile.c and material.c

http://codereview.appspot.com/4289041/