[Bf-blender-npr] BEER: a possible action plan and request for comments/feedback.

Khalifa Lame khalibloo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 23:53:17 CET 2014

If the new GLSL system will allow for blending of custom shaders and
textures as well as a UI for parameters (uniform variables) like in Unity
3D for example, then that should go a very long way. That's essentially
what BEER materials are in a nutshell --blended shaders.

Also, if the opengl renderer was made to be more flexible and more
powerful, then I suppose BEER wouldn't need to be a separate project after
all. Currently, the opengl renderer is tied blindly to the viewport and
that would need to change in order for it to be able to take full advantage
of opengl's capabilities and for other renderers such as BEER to be able to
build on top of it.

khalibloo®