[Bf-blender-npr] Freestyle stroke sorting design problem

Light BWK wk.bong at gmail.com
Thu May 15 21:12:02 CEST 2014

Hi,

The new freestyle stroke sorting is nice for sorting thick lines, but
after playing with it for few hours using production files, I found
its weaknesses.

=>> Stroke sorting only sort inside a line set/style. <<=

When 2 or more line sets/styles are available, sorting happens per
line set/style basis. This counter the purpose of sorting.

What stroke sorting should do is, regardless of the line set/style, it
should sort all strokes by the specified parameters. Which means,
sorting should be done in an upper hierarchy. Above line set or even
above render layer (if possible). Maybe as viewmap option.

I hope I did not missed the point on stroke sorting in general. Please
enlighten if I am.

Best Regards,

Light BWK
(Representing BNPR team)